Peanut Butter Dog Treats that are homemade and easy to make.
As a pet owner, it's natural to want to provide your furry friend with healthy and delicious treats.
While many store-bought dog treats are high in sugar, preservatives and other questionable ingredients.
These easy to make homemade peanut butter dog treats are sure to hit the spot.
That's why making your own homemade peanut butter dog treats is a great alternative.
Easy to make Homemade Peanut Butter Dog Treats recipe that only uses 3 ingredients plus water!
See recipe card for quantities.
This is one of the easy dog treats recipe. Just add the ingredients, mix, stir, roll it out and bake!
Stir Flour, egg and peanut butter into a bowl.
Add Peanut Butter and Stir.
Dough will form into a dough ball.
Use your favorite cookie cutters to form your treats.
Hint: Using gloves can help you when mixing the ingredients into a dough ball and rolling it out. I like to use these Nitrile gloves (affiliate link) for food preparation.
One of the best things about dog treats is that ability to mix a variety of dog friendly flour.
- Oat Flour - Oats are a good source of dietary fiber and can be a great alternative to whole wheat flour.
- Brown Rice Flour - Brown rice flour is gluten-free and gentle on the stomach. It's an excellent choice if your dog has grain allergies or sensitivities.
- Coconut Flour - Coconut flour is high in giber and low in carbohydrates. It can be a good option for dogs that need to manage their weight or have grain allergies.
Some of the equipment used for this homemade dog treat receipe:
FAQ for Homemade Dog Treats
Yes, you can! If you don't have whole wheat flour on hand, you can substitute with regular flour. I use whole wheat because it contains more nutrients and makes the dough a little thicker.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
⭐ Recipe for Homemade Dog Treats
Easy to make healthy and delicious tail-wagging homemade dog treats
- 2 ½ Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup Water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir flour and egg into a large mixing bowl. Add the peanut butter and mix. Using gloves can help you with this step.
- The mixture will form a dough ball.
- Roll out the ball to ½ inch thick and use your favorite cookie cutters to make your dog treat shapes.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool and feed to your pup!
Use your hands to get in there to mix the ingredients. Gloves can help with this step.